Speech Jammer 5.0 has been reviewed and approved by Apple and is now available on the iOS App Store.
This update contains an all-new audio engine that should result in an all around better experience that is more stable. This also brings much anticipated new features like better Bluetooth headphone support, and multitasking! Speech Jammer 5.1 will be launching shortly with a revamped iPad app!
Feature list for Speech Jammer 5.0
Introducing an all-new modern audio engine:
- This should result in a much more stable experience.
- Full Bluetooth headphone support is here! AirPods, and other Bluetooth headphone users rejoice!
- Bluetooth headphones can now be used without needing to manually enable Bluetooth support
- Swap between headphones without needing to restart the app
Multitasking support has arrived!
- You can now close Speech Jammer and continue to experience the Speech Jammer effect while using other apps on your device!
Export all recordings at once, while offline
- Recordings can now be exported into an archive for easier sharing or backup of multiple recordings at once. You no longer need to share each recording individually. Recordings are converted to m4a and zipped up.
- Archived recording sharing can now be done while offline (e.g. AirDrop a zipped package of all your recordings, or share to another app)
- Delay can now be increased to a higher amount than before
- Delay setting is now saved between app launches and doesn’t need to be set each time you use the app
- Updated all frameworks in the app to modern versions
- Changed the name from the ambiguous “Jammer” to “Speech Jammer” in various areas of iOS to avoid confusion
- Haptic feedback (where available) is now used in the app for an improved user experience
- Improved design and user interface (including on larger-screen devices)
- Updated FAQ system that is easier to maintain, which means it’ll be updated more frequently with relevant tips and answers to common questions
- Improvements to VoiceOver support
- Updated to support the latest iOS improvements
- Fixed an issue that prevented the copying of a link to a shared recording
- Fixed an issue that prevented shared recording links from properly sending to a selected app or destination
- Fixed an issue that allowed recording playback while Speech Jammer was active when accessing recordings from the Home Screen quick actions
- Various bug fixes and performance improvements
- Phone calls and FaceTime calls will still temporarily interrupt Speech Jammer; however, Speech Jammer will be able to automatically resume after the call ends
- Localization improvements (fixed some English words appearing in other languages)